Happy New Year

Happy New Year
Snowflakes cookies

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Pie Pops!

Okay I admit it....this is one of those recipes I found in the dentist office and discreetly tore out of the magazine!  I don't know what I did with the clipping, but I later found it again online!  Who would have thought that making pie could be so much fun!  Basically, you combine chopped apples, lemon juice, apple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice), and sugar to make the filling.  Buy a box of the premade piecrusts (the kind you roll out) and cut the dough into shapes using cookie cutters!  Here's the Better Homes and Garden link to the recipe!  Super easy and very impressive looking! What a great way to serve pie! 

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pies/apple-pie-pops/

1 comment:

  1. Eileen - have you ever tried to make these as "peach pie pops" and do a peach cookie cutter shape. Would the peach filling work as well?

    ReplyDelete